Thursday, November 19, 2009

Debbie Downer

Ok by that being my title if you don't know who Debbie Downer is, find her on youtube because it's a fab SNL skit. We all know someone like her. My husband and I like to make the sound SNL makes after Debbie has some massively downer statement--I would type it but somehow it loses the affect. Ok and if the skit you pick is foul, don't call me a pagan. I'm just sayin' the stereotype is funny. Again, I'm just sayin'...

Now that we've worn that out...I just would like to go on record that I can only be around a person like this for about 2 seconds before I am drained. So I feel I must clarify that even though I've got some current circumstances going on that are stressful, slap me if I am a Debbie Downer. It would do me good.

Tomorrow is the vball championship tournament of the free world...or Colleyville Rec League, whatever you decide. For those of competitive nature it is the championship of the free world. lol. And my 11 YO thinks so, which makes her my clone. So at 9 a.m. tomorrow it's ON at Heritage Middle. Seriously it has been an awesome season. Tomorrow I have decided to tone it down a notch since I think my blood pressure might have me livin' on the edge these days. I will report in on the greatness of volleyball when it's all over. Then it's off-season until Spring (I hear a hallelujah somewhere).

I had intended to discuss the Chick-Fil-A playground earlier so here's the short version, which I am certain you will be grateful for. The worst ever are indoor Chick-Fil-A playgrounds. First of all, no one measures their children and sometimes giants appear in the indoor play area. And their mommies are always the ones on their cell phone. I like the lady who's son was a giant in there once with my children, and he was harrassing all the children. I admit I scanned until I found the appropriate mom to go with. Once I mentally confirmed who the scoundrel belonged to, I noticed she was doing her Bible study as he terrorized the other kids. Probably not the best idea on her part, but really don't you also like the quality time mom who brings her kids there and stays on her cell phone the whole time and tries to discipline from behind the glass, tapping on it from time to time and scowling. That is a trip. So friends, see it is not always about the germs. That is a whole other book I could publish. Sometimes it's just cause there are giants and checked-out mommies doing long-distance discipline. It should be played at a parenting seminar under the heading, "Seriously?"

But then I might be called a Debbie Downer for that sarcasm.

2 comments:

  1. No worries, no Eeyore sightings. but, we for sure would allow it from time to time.....and, please forgive me for talking on my cell phone that time at CFA--and the time I was doing my Bible study. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your precious blog and I am laughing because Brad makes the Debbie Downer noise at me often. :-). It is a funny skit! I miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete